Friday, March 23, 2012

Work and the Family

           I never realized that work could strengthen a family so much! In this situation, I'm not talking about work outside the home. I'm talking about when a family takes time to work together! Back in "the day" many families lived on farms. They spent all day together working on the farm. They all participated in working towards a common goal. This really drew families together!
          Then then imagine how hard and different it was when dad had to start working outside of the home! (Eventually other family members would too). They had less time with each other- less time to strengthen their relationships.
           So today I think that it is important that families take time not only to be together, but to work together! Have you ever noticed the bonding that comes when you work with someone else? It can create a very powerful bond with them. I think that by working together, families will be able to love each other more easily. The Spirit will be able to abide more often in that house.
Personally, I want to develop a greater love for working, and I want to pass this love onto my children! Working together in our families can have an incredible power in our lives! It will teach us to be proactive and to progress towards our goals. At the same time, we can help strengthen our family members and also be able to help them to reach their goals.

1 comment:

  1. I bet this is why the prophet said to plant a garden! 12 years ago my family bought 30 acres out in the boonies and through that I've definitely learned hard work. We built out house and garage from the rocky ground up, and I've learned a lot. You could also do projects with your kids even if you don't have a huge property- you could build a playhouse, or a garden, or anything! I really want to pass this on to my children too- especially in today's society, where no one wants to work for what they want.

    ReplyDelete